NEW CLIENTS CLICK HERE FOR FAQ
CURRENT CLIENTS, CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE
Previous clients: if your Simple Practice online portal link has expired, please text me at 469-278-6557. I will get you set up and ready to schedule through my system.
I am glad you found my site. I’m Jarrod Hood, MA, LPC, ready to help you and your family meet your goals. Please take a look at my treatment services, my educational background, and enjoy the interactive content on the blog.
Insightful, Compassionate Mental Health Care for you and your family.
I have developed a strong reputation for careful and collaborative concern with those that are important to the care of you and your family. This sometimes looks like a call to a teacher or professor after a particularly tough week. This looks like coordinating care with a pediatrician or psychiatrist for medicine management. This could look like discussing challenging scenarios with your attorney or parent facilitator. Whatever the need, I strive to go the extra mile.
There is no better time to start. I don’t make false promises or lead you down a rabbit trail. I know your time, money and resources are valuable. I develop a strong working plan with you at the beginning of therapy or coaching. I assess progress of the treatment plan each month. I work to give you a strong working rationale of the progress and scope of therapy. I value honest feedback on the services provided. .
I strive towards patience and understanding in the midst of challenging life circumstances. No story is too big or scary. I collaborate with clients by providing support in meeting their desired goals. I remind clients of their inherent self worth and dignity.
I enjoy helping children, adolescents and adults navigate through the complexities of powerful emotions and challenging life circumstances. I bring a warm sense of humor with an empathetic awareness to people struggling in tough situations. I want to meet you where you are in life’s journey, while bringing a fresh, non-judgmental perspective to each counseling session.
As a Licensed Professional Counselor and Registered Play Therapist, I specialize in child and adolescent counseling, as well as working with parents and adults. I pursued my undergrad from Texas A&M University, and then received a master’s degree specializing in counseling from Dallas Theological Seminary. My specialty during my post-graduate internship included play therapy and child/adolescent counseling. I received my training to become a parent facilitator in 2014. I received my certification as a Registered Play Therapist in 2019.
My special areas of interest include anxiety, ADHD, anger management, grief, depression, divorce care and school problems. I help parents keep their child out of the middle of difficult divorces. I am a trained parent facilitator and coordinator who works with parents on structured co-parenting plans. I provide parent education about developmental stages and reasonable expectations from cute baby to scary teen all the way to thriving adult!
- Teaching Children Mindfulness Through Gameplay | HealthNewsMindfulness is a useful practice that helps manage stress and anxiety while increasing focus, empathy, and healthy development in kids.Continue reading “Teaching Children Mindfulness Through Gameplay | HealthNews”
- Psychosis, Addiction, Chronic Vomiting: As Weed Becomes More Potent, Teens Are Getting Sick – DNyuzThese cases are becoming more frequent — Read on dnyuz.com/2022/06/23/psychosis-addiction-chronic-vomiting-as-weed-becomes-more-potent-teens-are-getting-sick/
- Why We Like Being AppreciatedFive ways that gratitude nourishes us. We all have the need to “count” and feel like we matter. Read on…Continue reading “Why We Like Being Appreciated”
- Research shows suicides spiking among American childrenThis is not a positive trend. If the last two years have taught me anything, stress seems to be 1000%Continue reading “Research shows suicides spiking among American children”
- Not OK: Men’s mental health in decline44 percent admit they’ve never opened up to someone about how they are feeling. — Read on http://www.studyfinds.org/men-mental-health-feels-down/
- Adolescents, mental health, and TikTok useAt the 2022 Pediatric Academic Societies meeting, Bradley Kerr, MS shared research on how adolescents really feel about TikTok whenContinue reading “Adolescents, mental health, and TikTok use”