Insightful, Compassionate Mental Health Care for you and your family.
I have developed a strong reputation for careful and collaborative concern with those that are important to the care of you and your family. This sometimes looks like a call to a teacher or professor after a particularly tough week. This looks like coordinating care with a pediatrician or psychiatrist for medicine management. This could look like discussing challenging scenarios with your attorney or parent facilitator. Whatever the need, I strive to go the extra mile.
There is no better time to start. I don’t make false promises or lead you down a rabbit trail. I know your time, money and resources are valuable. I develop a strong working plan with you at the beginning of therapy or coaching. I assess progress of the treatment plan each month. I work to give you a strong working rationale of the progress and scope of therapy. I value honest feedback on the services provided. .
I strive towards patience and understanding in the midst of challenging life circumstances. No story is too big or scary. I collaborate with clients by providing support in meeting their desired goals. I remind clients of their inherent self worth and dignity.
I enjoy helping children, adolescents and adults navigate through the complexities of powerful emotions and challenging life circumstances. I bring a warm sense of humor with an empathetic awareness to people struggling in tough situations. I want to meet you where you are in life’s journey, while bringing a fresh, non-judgmental perspective to each counseling session.
As a Licensed Professional Counselor and Registered Play Therapist, I specialize in child and adolescent counseling, as well as working with parents and adults. I pursued my undergrad from Texas A&M University, and then received a master’s degree specializing in counseling from Dallas Theological Seminary. My specialty during my post-graduate internship included play therapy and child/adolescent counseling. I received my training to become a parent facilitator in 2014. I received my certification as a Registered Play Therapist in 2019.
My special areas of interest include anxiety, ADHD, anger management, grief, depression, divorce care and school problems. I help parents keep their child out of the middle of difficult divorces. I am a trained parent facilitator and coordinator who works with parents on structured co-parenting plans. I provide parent education about developmental stages and reasonable expectations from cute baby to scary teen all the way to thriving adult!
- Feelings Check-In for the win
- Positive Parenting for Confident KidsTake a look at this article that discusses raising confident and successful kids. More one on one time, clear expectations,Continue reading “Positive Parenting for Confident Kids”
- Anxiety » What Is Anxiety? Signs, Causes, SymptomsAnxiety is the reaction to situations perceived as stressful or dangerous. Anxiety disorders are manageable and curable with the rightContinue reading “Anxiety » What Is Anxiety? Signs, Causes, Symptoms”
- Ineffective DisciplinePoor discipline techniques happens for a variety of reasons. One of the more common reasons is when a parent isContinue reading “Ineffective Discipline”
- Adolescent Depression: What Parents Can Do To HelpThe American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) discusses ways parents can help teens with depression. As always, looking to point toContinue reading “Adolescent Depression: What Parents Can Do To Help”
- Money does not solve all problemsTherapist Clay Cockrell writes “Too many of my clients want to indulge their children so “they never have to sufferContinue reading “Money does not solve all problems”